We firmly believe having nature school as a foundation for children’s early learning is essential in building a love and thirst for knowledge and in being successful throughout life.
A few things we see in our students are:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Improved communication skills
- Improved balance, coordination and fine motor skills development
- Increased focus for children with attention and behavioral challenges
- Meaningful and powerful experiences talked about and discussed outside of class
- Increased love for learning and higher motivation to learn
- Increased well-being, emotional regulation skills, ability to relax on their own and proactively deal with conflict
Several studies have shown that nature reduces the impact of stress. This means our students may have a better chance in experiencing less stress than their peers who do not spend as much time outdoors. Resiliency is a powerful skill naturally developed through our program, by working through difficult situations and being immersed in nature in all seasons and weather.
Sometimes, when we can’t seem to push ourselves through an obstacle, our grit and resiliency show us that we can go around, over, or under…this is how we cultivate a growth mindset.